Allied HighTech Parallel Polisher
The MultiPrep™ System provides 1 micron resolution for semi-automatic sample preparation of a wide range of materials for optical, SEM, OIM, TEM, FIB, and serial sectioning
procedures. The MultiPrep™ System can facilitate parallel polishing, precise angle polishing, and site specific polishing for almost every microscopy application within CAMM. Touch-pad switches control all operations, with a numerical keypad to program platen speed, timer, oscillation and rotation settings. The system uses water as the standard coolant, however,
automatic drip or dosing systems are available to apply abrasive suspensions and/or lubricants.
The MultiPrep™ System provides reproducible sample preparation results by eliminating inconsistencies between users.
The functionality and versatility of this tool are capable of extending to a number of different material systems, however, CAMM uses it mainly with nickel and titanium alloys. Currently, the main uses of the tool are preparation of samples for serial sectioning with the NOVA FIB and conventional TEM grinding which require the samples to be polished to a thickness of 30-100 microns such that the surfaces remain parallel with one another.
- DUAL micrometer controlled positioning of the sample to monitor removed material and overall thickness
- Adjustable sample load 0-600 grams
- Cross-sectioning paddle used to hold unencapsulated samples
- TEM/Pre-FIB holder used for TEM wedge/plan-view polishing
- Pre-FIB thinning fixture w/ Pyrex inserts,
- Heating/Mounting Stage
- TEM/FIB thinning fixture used for wedge/plan-view TEM polishing and multiple sample FIB thinning
- SIMS/Backside pyrex holder used for sample thinning
- Parallel Polishing Fixture used when polishing samples parallel to the platen
- Mount Holder, 1.5" diameter used to secure encapsulated samples
- Weight Kit used for grinding samples that require extra pressure
- Irregular Sample Fixture used to secure larger or odd-shaped samples